And you know? I feel like I'm the only person who really doesn't see why everyone is raging and threatening to leave the site/kill David Karp (the guy who owns Tumblr). Why?
1. I rarely use Tumblr, in fact I mostly only use it to reblog things I find on Reddit or something.
2. This is not the first time Tumblr users have raged about something. Tumblr users have said similar things about everything - like when they changed the layout and users claimed that if they didn't change it back, they'd leave.
3. They haven't given Yahoo a chance to do anything, they're already saying 'OMG ITS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE THERE'S GOING TO BE SO MANY ADS THEY'LL RUIN TUMBLR AGHHH'. For all we know, they could be keeping Tumblr separate the same way Google keeps YouTube separate.
4. A lot of people are concerned that Yahoo will do something about the smut and porn on Tumblr. Honestly, who cares? You shouldn't be drawing or writing it in the first place, and if you are, there are tons of other places to post/link to (e.g, [link]
).5. If Yahoo hadn't bought Tumblr, then Tumblr would have had to shut down within a few months.
Most users overlook this. Would they prefer their beloved website to be closed down forever, or have it be around and maybe be plagued with ads? Seriously, guys, look at this rationally.
Regardless, this is my opinion, and I'd love to hear yours! Leave me a comment!PENDING:
1. Kawaii Dylan for ~MyTinyColorfulMind [Art Trade]
2. Couple for =superstarwordgirl [Art Trade]
3. Collab with ~missfrance51997 [Collab]